HART TO GO INTO TIER 4
After the announcement this afternoon by Health Secretary Matt Hancock, it has been decided to put a large part of the South into Tier 4, including Hart.
The new Tiers will be put in place from midnight on 25th December and will be a shock for Hart residents, who were only previously classed as Tier 2. For those not sure of the new rules, here are the details as they stand at this time. Please note, the Christmas message does not apply as we are Tier 2 until the end of Christmas Day.
- You cannot leave or be outside of the place you are living in unless you have a reasonable excuse. This includes travelling to work where you cannot work from home, travel for education and for caring responsibilities, visits (including staying overnight) with those in your support bubble or attending medical appointments.
- You cannot meet other people indoors unless you live with them, or they are part of your support bubble.
- You can exercise or meet in a public outdoor place with people you live with, your support bubble (or as part of a childcare bubble), or with one other person.
- You can leave home to buy things at shops or obtain services from a business which is permitted to open in a Tier 4 area, but you should stay local.
- Victims of domestic abuse may leave their home in Tier 4 to seek help at refuges
The new Tier increases come after rates across the UK have risen exponentially in the last week. The only good news for Hart is that the changes don’t start until the end of Christmas, so make the most of it, it’s going to be a tough start to the new year.
Stay Safe Fleet x
This article will be updated as more information is made available.
SHARE AND COMMENT!
Did you find this post useful? You can like and share it below. If you have thoughts or opinions to share, we’d love to hear from you too…so please leave a comment!