From their website:”Fleet Hospital opened in 1897 and was funded by local subscription to the tune of £443 18s 4d. The land was donated by Lord Calthorpe under the covenant that: ‘The site be used for Medical Provision for the Fleet and District Residents’.
The site has undergone many changes in the intervening years. At present the future of Fleet Hospital looks secure, with many services based on site.
In recent years a huge amount of money has been spent on up-grading the Out Patient Department, Calthorpe Unit and offices for Community based services.”